About Busara Center for Behavioral Economics:
It is a US non-profit research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes. We do have offices in Kenya, a new office in Uganda, and active projects in Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Ghana. It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory-based studies in behavioural economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean, dust and mop office floors by using a variety of equipment and supplies
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets and make sure that they are dried out before the day begins
- Ensure that the office, kitchen and equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
- Monitor hazards in the establishment such as those related to fire and electricity.
- Inform the supervisor for the need of extensive repairs and other major renovations in the work area or office.
- Keep the social amenities ( kitchen, meeting rooms, restrooms etc) clean and hygienic at all times
- Ensure the highest degree of security
- Serve visitors tea / coffee / water and ensure utensils are washed
- Move around heavy equipment and furniture for the purpose of storage or rearranging
- Tasked with collecting and delivering documents outside the organization
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Office Support Staff should preferably hold an O’ Level Certificate
- Excellent communication skills and can speak English and Luganda
- Basic computer skills and can operate simple office equipment
- Well organized, clean and self-driven
- Be a Ugandan citizen of 18 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the subject line reads: “Office Support Staff REF NO: BU-2017-06-27.” Only online applications shall be considered.