The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage Exploration, Development and Production Data.
- Take part in the development of the PAU ICT and Data Management Policy.
- Manage the development of standard operating procedures for managing Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Data.
- Plan, coordinate and quality assure the implementation of PAU data standard to facilitate information exchange between systems.
- Actively participate in the development of data sale regulations.
- Manage data sale processes by ensuring quality control, speedy packaging and pricing of data requests from companies.
- Participate in the development of the data submission guidelines.
- Plan and quality assure the database administration function to support the corporate business data requirements.
- Manage Database growth and capacity planning.
- Oversee the review and update of procedures for supporting and maintaining business applications to increase efficiency and enhance performance
- Manage the design and development of the Data Warehouse and any proposed changes and interfaces to it
- Work closely with the various stakeholders to establish and implement end-user access policies and procedures in accordance with corporate data security and privacy rules.
- Coordinate the design, development and maintenance of the necessary data repositories (physical model), adapting industry “best practices” for continuous improvement.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Manager Data Management career opportunity must possess a Master’s degree in Petroleum Geoscience, Petroleum Data Management or Data Management.
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a physical science, statistics, Information Systems or Database Systems
- At least five years’ working experience in handling petroleum data.
- Previous exposure and experience working in a leadership role in an organization/business unit/project with diverse professionals.
- Possession of a qualification in Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Data Management from an internationally recognized institution is desired
- Membership with a nationally or internationally recognized professional body
- Highly innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and negotiation skills.
- Good track record of training and mentoring others.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in the relevant computer packages like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, among others
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.