About Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG):
It is a Company Limited by Guarantee with an NGO status, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. UHMG works in partnership with public, private, and civil society institutions to improve the quality of life of Ugandans through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions. Using the Good Life Platform as its launch pad, UHMG has employed uniquely designed interventions and innovative behavior change communication approaches to raise people’s awareness of and demand for health care services for Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria, and Maternal & Child Health.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning: The Human Resource Manager will develop the departmental Annual Work Plan and Budget, Capacity Building Plan, and Manpower Plan.
- Talent Acquisition: Manage the implementation of manpower planning, forecasting, and the timely sourcing, acquisition, induction, retention, and development of the human resources. Coordinate the staff exit management process.
- Compliance: Regularly share and orient staff with the UHMG Human Resource-related policies, procedures, and ensure consistency and harmony with national labour legislation, and funding requirements.
- Organization Development: Carry out a Training Needs Analysis, and develop & implement the Annual HRD Plans. Coordinate the development of staff in line with the Organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Performance Management: Manage and monitor the performance of staff supervised in the department in line with the Organisation’s goals, objectives, policies, and regulations. Coordinate the performance management process, and in liaison with sector heads, implement the Performance Management System, train the supervisors on the performance management system, and generate informative reports for appropriate action.
- Benefits Management and Welfare: Manage the staff payroll process in liaison with the Finance department. Coordinate the implementation of staff welfare services and adherence to work place safety standards. In liaison with the Staff Consultative Forum, introduce and coordinate initiatives that will increase staff motivation and engagement.
- Records Management: Implement the electronic HR information/data management system, ensuring that all human resources data and information is safe, secure, and up-to-date, and that confidentiality is maintained. Conduct regular audits of personnel file records, and ensure completeness and accuracy of required information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UHMG Human Resources Manager job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational/Industrial Psychology, or related field is essential.
- Possession of a Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is a must. A Certified professional qualification (e.g. CIPD), Master’s Degree in Management Studies, and Membership to a Human Resource Management Association are added advantages.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in human resource management at managerial level.
- Previous exposure and experience in human resource planning, management, and development;
- Previous experience in people and culture management, financial/budget management, contracts management;
- This position requires a self-driven, resilient, focused, flexible and people-person with good understanding of best practices in personnel management, motivation, and welfare, and with the capacity to perform with minimal supervision to fulfill the organization’s goals.
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Excellent planning, coordination, reporting, and organizational skills;
- Excellent training, and presentation skills;
- High degree of innovation and creativity in a busy organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills, with ability to work with all staff levels;
- Results-oriented individual;
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Office 365;
- Excellent written, verbal, numeric, and communication skills and etiquette;
- Excellent planning, managerial and organizing abilities;
- A self-starter, able to multi-task, and work with minimum supervision.
- High degree of creativity, imagination, initiative, drive, competence, flexibility, and a willingness to learn;
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic documents, and telephone and email contacts to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd.; Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, or to P. O. Box 4553, Kampala, Uganda.
N.B: Hand deliveries should be submitted at the UHMG reception.
E-mail to: email@example.com with the job role clearly indicated in the email subject line.