The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development is implementing the land component of the Competitiveness Enterprise Development Project (CEDP). This project builds upon the Second Private Sector Competitiveness Project (PSCP II), which helped improve the business environment by: decreasing policy constraints; strengthening institutions, such as the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU); enhancing the private sector dialogue; and providing support to firms. The project aims at improving the competitiveness of Uganda and has five components which will be implemented by separate institutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective coordination with staff members and Departments/ Units responsible for the implementation of the CEDP Land Component.
- Tasked with delivering timely project implementation plans, including annual work plans and budgets. Specifically, support for the preparation of procurement plans, terms of references, monitoring and evaluation plans, stakeholder participation and other implementation plans in accordance with the World Bank and Government of Uganda approval processes and procedures.
- Offering technical input to strategic documents, analytical work and initiatives geared to improving MLHUD performance in close collaboration with the implementing Departments/Units, MoFPED and the World Bank.
- Tasked with preparing timely accurate project implementation progress reports indicating both the technical and financial position of the CEDP Land Component.
- Fostering a team environment, mentoring staff, and ensuring that capacity building is integrated into all project activities.
- Providing support supervision of project staff, international and local consultants, to ensure effective resource allocation, quality and timeliness of work.
- In charge of maintaining quality assurance and facilitating effective project monitoring and evaluation.
- Offering technical support and input for the Internal and External Auditing on financial reviews.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Land Administration and Management plus a Masters Degree in Business Administration specializing in Management or in any field related to Land Management and Administration from a recognized University/Institution.
- · A minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience in Land Management and Administration, three (03) of which should have been acquired at a Principal level in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Experience in work with Government and World Bank funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate high managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to steer implementation and to meet the diverse needs and expectations of the National Programs, Donors and Stakeholders
- Strong management skills, including ability to provide support in strategic guidance, technical oversight, mentoring staff, building strong teams and developing work plans
- Excellent negotiation, multi-cultural, and inter-personal skills, with experience and demonstrated skills in networking with ministry-level partners, donors, private sector.
- Excellent written, analytical, presentation and reporting skills, with proven skill in writing reports and project management plans
- Possess effective skills in computer applications for project planning and appraisal.
How to Apply:
All applications should be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, recommendations from at least two competent referees, one of whom MUST be your current or previous employer and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development,
Plot 13-15 Parliament Avenue P.O. Box 7096 Kampala. Uganda
Applications must be delivered in the Security Registry at Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate. Applicants who responded to the previous advert, need not to re-apply.