Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality clay baked construction products since 1950 and is listed on Uganda’s Securities Exchange. The head offices are located at 14Km on Entebbe Road, with a factory situated at Kamonkoli in Eastern Uganda and another at Mbarara Sales Outlet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with ensuring that samples of dry products for kiln loading are picked and taken to the lab for test;
- Taking the lead to ensure that products are fired at the required temperature and the firing equipment are in good working condition at all times;
- To ensure effective and efficient Quality Assurance spot checks on drying and firing process;
- Physically inspecting and counting all products during and after the production process to ensure that all data for the rejected baked products is gathered, compiled and analysed at all times;
- Receiving reports and accurately entering data and information correctly into the computer system for accurate and proper analysis - the statistics system and Tally;
- Work according to Uganda Clay's Quality and Safety procedures at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Chemistry or Industrial Ceramics/ general engineering with ceramics as the main subject.
- Two years’ experience in a busy manufacturing set up will be a plus.
- Good sampling and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Ceramics manufacturing processes: Clay preparation, Product moulding, burning, combustion and product grading.
- Good knowledge of physio-chemical characteristics of products, parameters and standards applied to Clay products manufacturing.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs, copies of certificates/ testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone contact, present position and current remuneration to the address below:
Head of Human Resources and Support Services,
Uganda Clays Limited,
P.O. Box 3188 Kampala, Uganda.