Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality clay baked construction products since 1950 and is listed on Uganda’s Securities Exchange. The head offices are located at 14Km on Entebbe Road, with a factory situated at Kamonkoli in Eastern Uganda and another at Mbarara Sales Outlet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in prospecting and quality control in quarry before excavation.
- Ensure that samples are properly collected and delivered to the laboratory for tests and analysis at all times.
- Collecting samples from all lines of production and effectively delivering the samples to the laboratory for tests and analyses.
- Collecting and analysing statistical data of rejected and manufactured products at each stage of the production line to ensure proper and effective analysis of the waste bin content and to determine the reason for rejection.
- Ensure effective Quality Assurance spot checks on products being produced.
- Take the lead to ensure timely and effective reporting on the activities carried out.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Chemistry or Industrial Ceramics/general engineering with ceramics as the main subject.
- At least two years; experience in a busy manufacturing set up will be a plus.
- Good sampling and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Ceramics manufacturing processes: Clay preparation and Moulding.
- Good knowledge of physio-chemical characteristics of products, parameters and standards applied to Clay products manufacturing.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs, copies of certificates/ testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone contact, present position and current remuneration to the address below:
Head of Human Resources and Support Services,
Uganda Clays Limited,
P.O. Box 3188 Kampala, Uganda.