The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will cross check the information provided on the requisitions and statements of requirements in relation to specifications, content detail and other required documents.
- The jobholder will also solicit any additional information needed from end users to support raised requisitions where necessary and print the RPO for their signature
- Keenly review statements of requirements provided by the end user and determine the appropriate procurement method
- Guide end users through the Manager PDU, about the practicability of time lines set for delivery or completion of required goods/services
- Maintain a database of potential suppliers for various goods, works and service providers in line with national procurement guidelines
- Confirm with end users the basis of their estimated costs on the procurement requisitions, in order to determine the appropriate procurement method.
- Provide regulatory guiding principles of the law and explain it to the end users in relation to their procurement requirements
- The jobholder will determine appropriate solicitation documents and applicable evaluation methodology and criteria for CC consideration
- Compile various appropriate procurement bidding and supporting documents for Contracts Committee approval
- Develop appropriate terms and conditions of the proposed contract in consultation with the end users or technical specialists
- Develop and submit an agenda and compile submissions to be presented to CC members
- The incumbent will provide clarification on approved submissions to the contracts committee where need arises to inform their decision
- Quality assure the approved advert to determine information accuracy according to the required items and provide advertising schedules to the media
- Issue bidding documents to bidders and respond to any clarifications regarding the documents
- The jobholder will be tasked with receiving bids of suppliers and guide the shortlisting process to determine potential service providers.
- Invite the selected members for the evaluation meeting and capture minutes that will inform the evaluation report
- Prepare the evaluation report and submit to members of the evaluation committee for signature
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders for approved procurement decisions within the threshold
- The jobholder will also compile all the documents containing all the applicable approvals and submit to Legal Department for Contract processing.
- Review the draft Contract to ensure that the main documentation is part of the contract
- Address issues raised by the suppliers over the draft contract to ensure mutual understanding between all the parties to the Contract.
- Prepare and issue all letters of intents, other contract forming instruments and ensure that the concerns of both parties to the contract are captured and incorporated in the final contract
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Procurement Officer job opportunity must possess hold at least level four of professional qualifications in procurement (CIPS).
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in either; Procurement and Supplies/Logistics Management, Commerce, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- A minimum of three years’ practical experience in handling procurement and disposal in a large organization
- Contract management training is desired
- Outstanding record of integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of effective work teams
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Highly flexible, assertive with good interpersonal skills
- The applicant must be self-driven and result oriented
- Possess basic knowledge of computer applications especially spreadsheets and databases
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.