SolarNow is an asset financing company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 46 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 600 people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the warehousing, distribution, transportation functions of all inventory in the company.
- Create and maintain proper reporting tools that optimise performance of the logistics department.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Work closely with and negotiate with local suppliers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange and plan out warehouse, catalog goods, and plan delivery routes.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints from clients both internally and externally.
- Supervise, coach and train the logistics team
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and OHS&E requirements
- Continuously look for improvements to operations
- Working proactively with various departments to realize efficiencies and manage expectations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in transport and Logistics or Supply Chain and any relevant courses.
- Professional Courses in Logistics and Supply Chain Management are an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of proven working experience as a logistics manager.
- Proven ability to lead and manage team
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills with keen attention to detail
- High levels of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good personal presentation
- Ability to make tough decisions even when under pressure
- Good commercial and business understanding
- Mature personality
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good team player
NOTE: Women are encouraged to apply. Candidates without passion and energy need not to bother applying.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their motivation letters and updated CVs to email@example.com