About Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
It is a US non-profit research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes. We do have offices in Kenya, a new office in Uganda, and active projects in Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Ghana. It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory-based studies in behavioural economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage reception activities such as answering and directing calls, receiving visitors
- Tasked with sorting and processing of incoming and outgoing post and receipt of goods and issuance of Goods Received Notes as required
- Work in close cooperation with Operations Manager, maintain an effective asset register process by creating and maintaining the office inventory and schedule the quarterly inventory and report any losses
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and functioning of office equipment and furniture
- Reviews accuracy of bills and ensures the bills are paid on time
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery and consumables
- Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for staff members and/or visitors
- Procure staff Identity Cards, and business card issues.
- Schedules and support activities such as meetings, arranging travel logistics for local travel, conferences/workshops, venue and resources for such activities.
- Take notes and prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for internal/external meetings, workshops, staff meetings and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Supervise and direct office assistants to ensure cleanliness and neatness of the office premises
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Administrative Assistant should preferably hold a Diploma in Business Administration or any related field
- Professional training in Secretarial Studies will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Effective organizational skills and good customer service skills
- Effective written and verbal communications skills (English and Luganda mandatory)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A good team player
- Excellent communication and listening skills including highly effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and prioritize workload.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the subject line reads: “Administrative Assistant REF NO: BU-2017-06-27.” Only online applications shall be considered.