BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operating in Uganda covering several districts through 149 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un-served and underserved, now with over 212,000 borrowing clients, over 155Bn loan book with 98% recovery rate, operationally and financially self sustaining.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general legal advisory services to all business functions and the operational functions of the Bank to ensure legal and regulatory compliance so as to shield BRAC from all operational and legal risks and losses.
- Assist the Credit Administration Unit in ascertaining the security status for secured transactions by liaising with the Registry Teams and proceeding to initiating the final recovery proceedings by issuing the legal notices of demand or reinstatement of the same in compliance with the law and BRAC policy.
- Ensure timely handling of contract drafting and reviewing and/or any other amendments or renewals of the respective contracts/agreements, as per the respective internal approvals.
- Receiving all summons and new pleadings filed against BRAC and opening up new files with the central registry in the absence of the Legal Manager.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized university, Postgraduate Diploma in legal practice is added advantage.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Good analytical skills with ability to provide guidance to the institution in a short time.
- Good computer literacy in Word, excel and other applications incidental thereto.
- Self-motivated, result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions when called for.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must submit their application letters, Curriculum Vita, all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents in one PDF file. In total, there must only be a maximum of 3 attachments and send to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Head Of Human Resource and Training, BRAC Uganda Microfinance Limited.