National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Public Relations Assistant supports the Public Relations Officer in planning, coordinating and executing public relations activities and events across the country to promote a positive image.
- Assists Public Relations Officer and other staff in coordinating print, broadcast and new media campaigns.
- Provides support in writing and distributing news releases announcements, brochures, magazines and any other literature for the benefit of the Corporation.
- Shall from time to time gather, edit and provide information to be used on the Corporation website.
- The Public Relations Assistant also arranges photo shoots with professional photographers and provides digital photography for Publications and to record special events and electronic photo archives.
- Assist in daily media monitoring.
- The Public Relations Assistant will from time to time do Public relations research for both electronic and broadcast media and conduct opinion survey
- The Public Relations Assistant will also perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager in the interest of the organization.
- Identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Public Relations Assistant job opportunity should hold an honour’s degree with a Media or Public Relations Module and an additional qualification in mass communication or an Honour’s degree in Mass Communication or Public Relations
- At least two years’ experience in a Public Relations role.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters with updated CVs, copies of the academic documents/ transcripts, documents supporting your work experience, names and contact details of three professional referees addressed and delivered to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores (NMS), Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16, Entebbe, Uganda.