The Makerere University /Uganda Virus Research Institute was established in 2008 as a Centre of Excellence to Infection & Immunity Research and Training (MUII-plus) is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI), and collaborates with the Makerere University Colleges of Health Sciences (CHS), Natural Sciences (CoNAS) and Veterinary Medicine, Animal Health and Biosecurity (CoVAB) as well as the Infectious Diseases Institute. Among its objectives MUII-Plus seeks to support strong finance and administration structures for research management at UVRI.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Public Health or Administration/ Project Planning and Management ideally with some science background, and keen to develop a career in research management
- Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
- At least four years of relevant experience in a position of project management / coordination / monitoring and evaluation.
- Passion for the development of science research in Uganda
- Broad knowledge and understanding of research responsibilities and conduct
- Ability to organise, manage time, set goals and motivate staff
- Personal integrity, ability to learn, flexibility and concern for excellence
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, curriculum vitae including names, email addresses and telephone contact details of two (2) referees, plus copies of academic qualifications via E-mail to: email@example.com and / or firstname.lastname@example.org.