About Good Samaritan Kampala archdiocese
Good Samaritan was got from the resolutions of AMECEA meeting of 2005 and the archbishop of kampala, the late Dr Cyprian Kizito Lwanga started it in the archdiocese in 2007 calling upon all parishes to embrace the acts of charity without expecting any earthly pay.
A Catholic Church based Ministry founded on the doctrine of the Parable of the Good Samaritan Luke 10: 25 - 37.
- Feed the Hungry
- Care for the Sick and Elderly
- Care for those with disabilities and handicapped
- Find shelter for the homeless
- Visit the prisoners and gives them hope
- Clothe those without clothes
SOURCE OF FUNDING
Our biggest source are the:-
- Parishioners( who donate towards these activities once they are made AWARE with proper accountability.
- Good Samaritan Projects (we get a project that generates income, Ggaba Parish hire out Chairs, Piggery Projects, Mattoke Plantations, Munyonyo Parish Sakes 1st Class clothes and other items among others.
- Boxes and Basket collections in Church.
- Special fundraising/ collections in church.
- Contributions made by fellow Samaritans.
- Weekly, Monthly or Yearly donations from Samaritan Sympathizers.
- In-Kind donations
[Compliances and Memberships/Affiliations]