About Bugema University
With the entry of the Adventist Church in Uganda in 1927 came also the first Adventist educational institution in Nchwanga in West Central Uganda. As in most cases of pioneering ventures, the primary function of the institution was to train pastors and church workers. In 1948 the institution moved to a newly purchased property of 640 acres in Bugema, 34 Kilometers from Kampala. Two years later a secondary education at ‘O’ level was started. By 1970 a junior college began its operations training pastors for the field. Four years later, the denomination upgraded the institution into a four-year seminary, granting bachelor’s degrees in theology (BTh).
[Compliances and Memberships/Affiliations]